ATHENA EDUCATION CONSULTANCY
One Stop Center for Study in India”
STUDY IN INDIA @
Top Govt. and Private Institutions.
Brief Introduction For Higher Education In India
Higher Education in India is one of the most developed in the entire world. There has in fact been considerable improvement in the higher education scenario of India in both quantitative and qualitative terms. In technical education, the IITs and NITs and in management, the IIMs have already marked their names among the top higher educational institutes of the world. Moreover the Jawaharlal University and Delhi University are also regarded as good higher educational institutes for doing postgraduates courses and research in science, humanities and social sciences. As a result, students from various parts of the world are coming today for higher education in India.
Higher Education system in India: Higher education in India starts after the higher Secondary or 12th standard. While it takes 3 years for completing a B.A., B.Sc or B.Com pass or honors degree from a college in India, pursuing an engineering course would take four years and five years (with six months of additional compulsory internship) for completing a bachelor of medicine or bachelor of law degree. Postgraduate courses generally are of two years duration. But there are some courses like Master of Computer Application (MCA) that are of three years duration. For those who cannot afford to attend regular classes for various preoccupations can pursue correspondence courses from various Open Universities and distance learning institutes in India.
Higher Education Institutes in India: Universities and its constituent colleges are the main institutes of higher education in India. There are at present 227 government-recognized Universities in India. Out of them 20 are central universities, 109 are deemed universities and 11 are Open Universities and rest are state universities. Most of these universities in India have affiliating colleges where undergraduate courses are being taught. Apart from these higher education institutes there are several private institutes in India that offer various professional courses in India. According to the Department of higher Education, government of India, there are 16,885 colleges, 99.54 lakh students and 4.57 lakh teachers in various higher education institutes in India.
Key players in the Higher Education System in India: The University Grant Commission of India is not only the lone grant giving agency in the country, but also responsible for coordinating, determining and maintaining the standards in institutions of higher education. Apart from the UGC here are various professional councils that are responsible for recognizing courses, promoting professional institutes and providing grants to undergraduate programmes.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Distance Education Council (DEC), Indian Council for Agriculture Research (ICAR), Bar Council of India (BCI), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), Medical Council of India (MCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Indian Nursing Council (INC), Dentist Council of India (DCI), Central Council of Homeopathy (CCH) and the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) are the statutory professional councils of India.
The current scene: India is today one of the fastest developing countries of the world with the annual growth rate going above 9%. In order to sustain that rate of growth, there is need to increase the number of institutes and also the quality of higher education in India. Therefore the Prime Minister of India has announced the establishment of 8 IITs, seven Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and five Indian Institutes of Science, Education and Research (IISERs) and 30 Central Universities in his speech to the nation on the 60th Independence Day. The outlay for education during the 11th Five Year Plan, which runs from the current fiscal to 2012-13, represents a four-fold increase over the previous plan and stands at Rs 2500 billion.
Facilities for International Students in India
Surprises are always waiting as you enter any new place. One may take time adjusting him/ her in the new environment. It is normal to feel excited, confused and even overwhelmed. These problems are mainly faced by the international students when they arrive in India. They may face problems like language problem, accommodation problem and food problem and so on. But international student’s offices at most of the institutes provide facilities for International Students in India that can ease their woes.
The international students are required to carry the necessary documents along with them such as admission letter, passport, residence permit etc. The international students can avail the residential permit after registering themselves at the Foreigner’s Registration Office (F.R.O) within a period of seven days from their arrival.
All over the country offer different courses for the international students. International students can apply for medical courses, engineering courses, applied arts courses etc. The government has reserved some seats for foreign students and students from other developing countries. International students can get admission through this reserved quota.
Self-financing international students looking for admission can also choose from the various courses that are offered by the Indian universities. Apart from the Government of India, there are some top private educational institutes that provide various facilities for international students in India.
The Government of India offers various scholarships annually to international students. These scholarships are offered to those who are interested in pursuing their studies in India. Some of the scholarships offered by the government are Cultural Exchange Program, Commonwealth Scheme, SAARC Scholarship Scheme and ICCR Scholarship Scheme.
Brief Introduction about DASA Scheme*
DASA Scheme is a Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) Scheme. DASA is the scheme of The Ministry Of Human resource Development (MHRD), Government Of India, which offer direct admission to Foreign Nationals/Person Of Indian Origin (PIOs)/NRI to undergraduate courses in Engineering in National Institutes Of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IITs) and other premier Technical Institutions in India (Including PEC). The institutions covered under this scheme are comparable to the best in the World and are known for providing quality education in Technical Courses.
Institutions Covered Under DASA Scheme:
A) National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
1. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Agartala , Tripura
2. Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology [MNNIT], Allahabad
3. Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology[MANIT], Bhopal
4. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Calicut
5. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Durg
6. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Hamirpur,
7. Malaviya National Institute of Technology [MNIT], Jaipur,
8. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology [NITJ], Jalandhar,
9. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Jamshedpur,
10. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Kurukshetr
11. Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology [VNIT], Nagpur,
12. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Patna ,
13. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Raipur ,
14. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Rourkela,
15. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Silchar
16. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Srinagar
17. Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology [SVNIT], Surat,
18. National Institute of Technology Karnataka [NITK], Surathkal,
19. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Tiruchirappalli
20. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Warangal,
21. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Goa
22. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Manipur
23. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Nagaland
24. National Institute of Technology [NIT], Sikkim
B) Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)
25. Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad,
26. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (ABV-IIITM), Gwalior,
27. Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing , (IIITDM), Jabalpur
28. Indian Institute of Technology, Design & Manufacturing (IIITD&M) Kancheepuram, Tamilnadu
C) Other Institutions
29. Punjab Engineering College (PEC) University of Technology, Chandigarh
30. Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET), Longowal, Punjab.
31. National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT), Ranchi, Jharkhand.
ATHENA Provides Special Counseling and Tutorial Classes For Admission in Top Premier Institutes Like;
NITs, IITs, JNTU, Osmania University, Jadavpur University, BHU, Indraprasth University, Andhra University, Anna University,Jamia University,Delhi University, and many more….
Also Remember Us for SAT Preparation Class and SAT Registration.
ATHENA Provides Career Counseling And Spot Admission in Top Private Institutions:
Few Top University and Colleges are:
- SRM University, Chennai
- Hindustan University, Chennai
- Maharashtra Institute Of Technology(MIT), Pune
- MVJ College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Dayanand Sagar Group Of Institution, Bangalore
- PES Institute of technology, Bangalore
- Siddaganga Inst. Of Technology, Tumkur
- Brindavan College Of Engineering, Bangalore
- T-John Group Of Institution, Bangalore
- East West Group OF Instituton, Bangalore
- East Point College of Engineering, Bangalore
- The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Nagarjuna College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Ram Deo Baba Kamla Nehru Engg. College, Nagpur
- Dehradun Inst. Of Technology, Dehradun
- Dev Bhoomi Group Of Institutions, Dehradun
- Sri Venketshwara College of Engineering, Chittor(AP)
- Birla Institute Of Technology(BITS), Mesra, Delhi
- Amity University, Delhi
- KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar(Orisa)
- Centurion University, Orisa
- Vel-Tech University, Chennai
- Krishna Teja Group Of Institutions, Tirupati
- Sharda University, Noida
- PSNA College Of Engineering, Dindigul
- KIST Group of Institution, Orisa
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- Maharishi Arvind Institute, Jaipur
- Bhagwant University, Ajmer
- Gandhi Group Of Institutions, Orisa
- Navodaya Educational Trust, Raichur
- And many more colleges / institutions of your choices……………….
For Detail Information and Admissions:
ATHENA EDUCATION CONSULTANTANCY Pvt. Ltd.
Link Road, Ghantaghar, Birgunj, Nepal
Mob: +977-9803400577, 9816250451